Tyres are the only part of your car in contact with the road so maintaining them is vital to safe acceleration, braking, steering and cornering.
- Comply with the speed rating and load index.
- Driving style and speed directly affect tyre life so stick to speed limits and safe manoeuvres.
- Pressures should be regularly checked on cold tyres - including your spare.
- Replace tyres worn to the tread wear indicators, even if it's only a part of the tread.
- If an impact or a puncture occurs make sure the inside of the tyre is checked as well.
- Never park over the patches of oil, solvents etc, as this can cause tyre damage.
- When switching from summer to winter tyres, or vice versa, you must change all four tyres. DO NOT MIX.
- Get regular tyre checks carried out by a reliable dealer.